Wednesday, June 19, 2024

NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED

 

NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED

(The story of Obim part 17)



The woman, overwhelmed with guilt, started crying, fearing death.

Bystanders pleaded with Obim, but he insisted that the woman must confess her actions to everyone present.

The news spread to the villages of Egwe, and astonishingly, Obim's aunt traveled all the way from Oguta to plead on the woman's behalf.

Obim felt vindicated by God, which was a relief to him.

"I will retract my curse and forgive you on one condition," Obim declared.

"Admit to everyone here whether the money you gave me was counterfeit. Was it fake or not?" Obim pressed her.

"Yes, it's fake. I don't know what overcame me; it was the devil's doing," the woman admitted.

"Keep all the items I gave you and take your money; you won't die. My words have been taken back; you are now free," Obim announced.

This episode reminded Obim of a time a neighbor came to purchase items worth500 Naira and attempted to leave without paying. "Madam, you didn’t pay," Obim remarked.

"I gave you a500 Naira note," the woman insisted.

Wishing to avoid conflict and believing in his own honesty, Obim stated, "Please, Madam, you can go, but I know you haven’t paid me. God is my witness."

The woman, realizing her mistake at home when she found the500 Naira note her husband had left for her, immediately returned to Obim's shop to apologize.

After she explained the situation, Obim accepted the money and was grateful for the divine vindication.

Everyone has unique ways of resolving conflicting situations.

Two wrongs cannot make a right. Life becomes simpler when you find the strategy that works best for you.

READ NEXT: PART 18


3 comments:

Lessons Embedded in the Heart (Episode 3)

 Lessons Embedded in the Heart Episode 3 The way you treat those around you carves your memory into their hearts. Both joyful and painful ...