Thursday, July 4, 2024

THE STORY OF MMA (SINGLE MOTHER)

 THE STORY OF MMA (SINGLE MOTHER)

Daily Life Experience (Episode 6)

Written by: Engineer Stanley



Raising a child was not easy for Mma, but she was determined not to be deceived by any man again. As her son Nkem grew, he became a support for her. Nkem often asked his mother about his father, a question that made Mma very angry. She firmly told Nkem never to bring up the subject again.

Nkem's classmates would tease him for not having a father. When Nkem came home from school crying one day, he was unable to tell his mother the reason for his tears. "Who hurt you?" Mma asked. Despite her questioning, Nkem continued to cry without giving an answer, leaving Mma deeply concerned. She decided she would visit Nkem's school the next day to speak with his teacher about the incident.

"My son returned home crying yesterday and was unable to tell me what was wrong. That's why I'm here to find out," Mma explained to the teacher.

"Madam, I wasn't aware. Perhaps Nkem had an altercation with a classmate. I'll make sure to keep a closer watch on him from now on," the teacher responded.

Mma's situation became more challenging when her boss fell ill, causing the business to decline due to the high cost of medical expenses.

During this difficult time, Mma knew she couldn't abandon her boss. She resolved to stay strong and support her employer through the hard times.

One day, a customer wanted to withdraw money, but the amount he requested was not available. "When will the requested amount be available? I would like to come back and do business with you," the customer inquired.

"Sir, I'm not certain when due to some recent changes," Mma explained.

"Mummy, I'm hungry," said Nkem. "Can't you see I'm talking to a customer? Must you embarrass me?" Mma scolded her son.

The customer offered Mma a1000 naira note, insisting, "Buy something for him." However, Mma politely declined. "Don't worry, sir, I'll take care of it myself," she said.

Nevertheless, the customer persisted, leaving Mma with no other choice but to accept his kind gesture.

A few days later, the same customer returned with gifts for Nkem. Mma, however, refused to accept them. The customer, undeterred, left the gifts and his business card on Mma's desk, advising, "Call me if you need anything," before departing.

Mma was deeply distressed, knowing all too well that Nkem couldn't attend school due to unpaid fees.

READ: EPISODE 7

6 comments:

THE STORY OF MMA EPISODE 35

  THE STORY OF MMA EPISODE 35 Daily Life Experience Written by: Engineer Stanley My daughter, I sincerely apologize for my actions during ...