Saturday, June 8, 2024

THE STORY OF OBIM (PART 9)


THE INTERVENTION BY THE SCHOOL HEADMASTER.

The young child was led to the headmaster's office, by which time the other students had left, leaving only Obim's relatives who attended the same school waiting on the premises for him.

"I have received numerous reports about your behavior," stated the headmaster. A smile crept across Obim's face as he met the headmaster's gaze.

"Contrary to the punishments meted out by your teachers, who have informed me of your resilience to the cane, I shall opt for a different approach," continued the headmaster.

Obim regarded him with a brimming confidence.

"My decision is to confine you in my office for the night while I depart for home, leaving you as the sole occupant of the school," declared the Headmaster.

In a bold retort, Obim challenged the headmaster to scrutinize his office for anything of value, insinuating that unless the headmaster removed all his possessions from the office, he might return to find them in disarray.

Further asserting his defiance, Obim threatened, "I will create chaos in your office, damaging your books, chair, and table, and I will still find a way to escape."

The headmaster, taken aback by Obim's fearless manner of speaking, decided on the spot to allow him to leave.

With a triumphant air, Obim exited the office, eagerly recounting the ordeal to his waiting relatives.

Reflecting on the situation, the headmaster realized that a more tactful method was necessary to address Obim's behavior.

Unbeknownst to Obim, the Headmaster had plans in store for him that would soon unfold.

NEXT: THE STORY OF OBIM (PART 10)


4 comments:

  1. It reminds me the movie about Aki and Pawpaw, how stubborn they're to their teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave the innocent child alone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your spirit

    ReplyDelete

Time and Season

  Time and Season (Episode 4) Daily Life Experience Written by: Engineer Stanley The persistent rain seemed endless, compelling me to wait...